Cheese and spinach stuffed mushrooms
Monday, December 30, 2013
Whether you’re hosting a party or headed to a friend’s house for dinner, simple appetizer recipes are always a good trick to have up your sleeve, especially when there’s little time to do the cooking.
This recipe is meant to make you look like a chef, without all the work that goes into it. What I really mean is this recipe is simple – you combine a few ingredients, stuff a few mushrooms and throw it in the oven. *Insert fun cooking catch phrase you’ve created now that you’re a chef.*
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup bread crumbs ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- ¼ cup crumbled feta
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash tabasco
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 stuffing mushrooms about the size of a silver dollar, or 20-24 regular button (cremini) mushrooms
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 ounces frozen spinach, thawed, rinsed, drained, squeezed, chopped
- 5 ounces raw Italian Fontanini bulk sausage
- 4 ounces frozen crab
Combine all ingredients through Worcestershire sauce in a mixer and blend until incorporated (about a minute). *Mix in the spinach, crab, or sausage. Use a spoon to stuff the mushrooms and round them off. Pack them in the grated parmesan and lay them in a baking dish. Drizzle with the melted butter and place the dish in the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Can be made up to 3 days ahead of time.
*Optional* You may want to blanch the mushrooms for 4 minutes in boiling water and then cool them prior to stuffing. This allows for a more clean looking presentation.
Amount: 12 large mushrooms or 20-24 small mushrooms
View this recipe being prepared on Fox 9 news >