New products hitting our shelves – Mokk-a Coffee
Posted by by Julie Griffin, director of Lunds and Byerly's products
Friday, April 12, 2013
Keeping in tune with the New Nordic food trend, we’ve started carrying a new line of coffee to give you a taste of Europe in your own kitchen – Mokk-a Coffee.
“The recipe for a coffee blend is as thorough as the recipe for a cake, and each unique old-world taste is in the details,” explains Mokk-a creator, Karen Glavimans. That’s why she chose five distinctive blends from across Europe to comprise the Mokk-a collection and relentlessly sought out a domestic roaster who could reproduce each one in larger quantities without compromising the depth and subtle flavors.
“I created Mokk-a so American coffee lovers could find true European flavor without getting on an airplane,” says Glavimans. As more and more savvy American retailers add this brand to their shelves, her vision is coming true.
- Café Svenska – The blend of beans in Café Svenska gives it a full, vibrantly smooth body, along with a fragrant aroma and a hint of chocolate.
- Café Italia – A beautiful coffee; strong and elegant. You’ll find a creamy texture and flavor burst that’s fruity and sweet with traces of chocolate and a touch of almond hidden in the mix.
- Café France – The blend of beans in Café France gives it a floral aroma with chocolate undertones, a rich body and a satin smooth finish.
- Café Holland – An elegant coffee with a full, velvety body and deep aroma. Your tastebuds will enjoy the light acidity with a touch of fruit, nuts and a hint of chocolate.
- Café Suisse – An extremely complex coffee with a sweet, pleasantly bitterswe