Peace Coffee brews it up right
Posted by by Bea James, senior manager of organic, natural and sustainable programs
Friday, January 20, 2012
With winter beckoning us to snuggle in for the season, there’s no better way to enjoy a snowy winters eve than with a cup of Peace Coffee Snowshoe Brew. Their coffee is always fresh, roasted to perfection and offers deep, diverse flavors that’ll keep you coming back for more. Locally owned and giving fair trade a very good name, Peace Coffee travels the world over to find and work with their coffee growers, offering instruction and support to grow the perfect bean. Plus, they deliver to many of our stores on bicycles and in rain, sleet or snow! How cool is that?
Try Peace Coffee Snowshoe Brew with a few winter favorites, such as warm milk, dark chocolate, cinnamon or cardamom. Below is my favorite seasonal coffee recipe, perfect for those chilly mornings! Enjoy a warm cup of ‘get up and go’ from our friends at Peace Coffee. They know how to brew it up right.
Café Snow Lait
- Peace Coffee Snowshoe Brew
- ¼ to ½ cup milk or alternative dairy product
- 1 Tbsp chocolate sauce (it’s best with a dark chocolate, but any will suffice)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cardamom
- Brew the coffee to your liking: stovetop espresso, press pot, drip… any method will do Optional: brew it extra strong for a bolder flavor!
- Heat milk or milk alternative in a small saucepan on low heat - pay close attention as you don’t want to let it burn. It should be just too hot to touch (about 130°). Remove from heat.
- Grab your favorite mug and add the chocolate sauce and cinnamon first.
- Add brewed coffee and stir well. Top off with warmed milk.
- Finish with a pinch of cardamom. Yum!
Snowshoe Brew is available in all our stores in the coffee aisle.
Roast level: medium
Aroma: almond, white grapefruit,
Spice, & malt