Popular Christmas Cookies
Posted by Amy Fouks, bakery category manager
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
I know when I think of Christmas and the traditions of my family, Christmas cookies are one of the first things on my mind.
So many delicious choices! Our bakeries definitely have you covered if you’re a bit short on time this year and need some baking help. Or just do what I do - spend your baking time on cookies that hold the most memories and traditions and purchase the rest to round out the variety!
We make the following cookies using our own tried and true Lunds and Byerly’s recipes.
- Mini Peppermint Cookies – with red and green peppermint candies baked into the dough. Yum!
- Mini Chocolate Krinkle Cookies – a classic in my family, dusted with powdered sugar to give them that cracked look on top.
- Mini Cranberry White Chocolate cookies – a recent, yet oh so classy favorite!
- Classic Spritz Cookies with red and green sprinkles – you can’t have a holiday party without these. We’ll take care of the spritz cookie gun and cleaning it all out when we’re done; you just worry about enjoying them.
- New this year are sugar cookies with festive red and green icing – they’re a simple cookie that can brighten up a platter!
- Holiday Cookie Tray – if you have a holiday party to run to, swing by our stores and pick-up one of our holiday cookie trays. With 42 cookies on the tray, it’s perfect to bring to a get-together. If you pass it off as your own, we won’t tell!
I’ll still be rolling out dough for our sugar cookies this year. It’s tradition! But I’ll have to dig through my boxes to find the cookie cutters – they’re only used once a year. You would think I’d remember to put them in a better spot. And someday I’ll get all the sprinkles swept up off the floor when we’re all done, but that’s the fun of Christmas and sharing traditions with friends and family.
What are your favorite holiday cookies? What holiday memories do you have of making these cookies?