The story behind our salad bars
Posted by by Bea James, senior manager of organic, natural and sustainable programs
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
Our salad bars focus on fresh, unique and healthy foods! We use the freshest ingredients with a wide variety of greens, whole grains, raw and steamed veggies, nutritional boosts and more.
Most people think of a salad as lettuce, a little shredded carrots and dressing. Not me! A good salad is satisfying and can pack so many great flavors and textures. I put all kinds of delicious ingredients in my salad, like roasted vegetables, grains, nuts, dried fruit and even top it off with a boost or two.
Our fresh salad bars include:
- Greens (not just lettuce), including lemon sesame kale, arugula, watercress and fresh herbs
- Whole grains and beans
- Roasted fresh vegetables , like green beans with garlic, fennel and baby herbed potatoes
- Daily composed salads ranging from iceberg wedges with blue cheese to mini butter lettuce heads filled with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes drizzled with balsamic and olive oil
- A variety of fresh raw and daily steamed vegetables
- Boosts such as flax meal, chia seeds and nutritional yeast
The salad bars in our stores are constantly changing – stop back each week for something new!