Top tips for your spring party
Posted by Jessica Bainbridge, catering event planner
Monday, May 5, 2014
“If people did not love one another, I really don't see what use there would be in having any spring.”
― Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
Spring is here and it’s time to reconnect with all those you love! You know – all those neighbors, friends and family hibernating during the extreme cold of the winter months.
The hope of spring and all the new life coming forth offers so much inspiration for gatherings big and small. We have a few ideas for your next spring get-together!
An open house brunch is a wonderful way to bring your circle together.
- Offerings like our petite croissant sandwiches, crab and wasabi deviled eggs, quiche, petite pastries and fruit are easy to maintain as guests come and go and mingle.
- Fresh Tulips adorning your buffet or a runner of wheat grass can make any table festive.
Food is always a focal point, but why not add a fun twist to your gathering?
- Do your friends have green thumbs? Add variety to your gardens by having your guests participate in a plant exchange. Encourage them to split their perennials and share the love.
- Do your friends have overflowing closets? Time to spring clean. What’s old to you might be a new and exciting addition to someone else’s wardrobe and vice versa.
- Host a “My favorite things” exchange! Urge guests to bring a favorite item in a brown paper package tied up with string. A favorite chocolate, preserve, lip gloss, seasoning or wine. Get creative and spread some cheer! Everyone who brings a package gets to take one home.
Whatever you decide to do, isn’t it great to know the snow shovels are tucked away in the garage for at least another six months? Now that really is a reason to celebrate!