Arugula, Citrus and Fennel Salad
The light fruity dressing complements the peppery arugula and fennel flavor.
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 (10 ounce) bag romaine salad greens
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 (1-1 1/2 pound) fennel bulb, trimmed, sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 medium grapefruit, pared, sectioned, sections cut in half
Combine first 9 ingredients; whisk to blend. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight. Cut pomegranate into quarters. Remove seeds with spoon; discard connecting pulp. Refrigerate seeds.
To Serve: In large salad bowl, combine greens, fennel and grapefruit. Drizzle with dressing , toss to coat. Garnish with pomegranate seeds. This salad can also be plated before serving. Garnish individual servings with pomegranate seeds and pass the dressing at the table.
Variation: One fresh mango (peeled and diced) may be substituted for the grapefruit.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
We'll send you our sale items and an exclusive web-only offer
every week. Sign up >