Chicken Cherry Pasta Salad
Serve at a luncheon or buffet.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (2.25 pound) package frozen boneless skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry gnocchi or shell pasta
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (5 ounce) package dried cherries
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 1/4 cups creamy style poppyseed dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach, stems removed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- - curly leaf lettuce
Heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken strips on all sides until juices run clear (about 15 minutes); drain. Cool; cut into cubes. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package directions. Rinse with cold water;drain. Combine chicken, pasta, celery, onion and cherries. Combine mayonnaise, poppyseed dressing, salt and pepper. Fold 1 3/4 cups dressing into salad, reserving 3/4 cup dressing. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
To Serve: Fold in spinach and walnuts; add remaining dressing as needed. Spoon into lettuce-lined serving dish.
Amount: 16 (1 cup) buffet servings or 8 (2 cup) luncheon servings.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
We'll send you our sale items and an exclusive web-only offer
every week. Sign up >