Wild Rice Soup
Enjoy this classic from our restaurants.
- 6 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/3 cup minced ham
- 3 tablespoons chopped slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry, (optional)
- snipped fresh parsley or chives
In large saucepan, melt margarine; saute onion until tender. Blend in flour; gradually add broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in rice, carrots, ham, almonds and salt; simmer about 5 minutes. Blend in half and half and sherry; heat to serving temperature. Garnish with snipped parsley or chives.
Amount: 6 cups.
Tip: One-half cup uncooked wild rice=1 1/2 to 2 cups, cooked.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
We'll send you our sale items and an exclusive web-only offer
every week. Sign up >