ALASKA HALIBUT TACOS WITH CUCUMBER SALSA
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Servings: 4
- 1 cup diced English/seedless cucumber
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup grape or pear tomatoes, halved, if desired
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh fennel, if desired
- 1 Tablespoon white balsamic (or rice) vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 Alaska Halibut fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 4 medium (8 to 9-inch) tortillas OR flatbreads
- 1 cup (3 oz.) crumbled goat cheese
In a small bowl, combine cucumbers, green onion, tomatoes and fennel. In separate small bowl, blend vinegar, 1 Tablespoon oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over cucumbers; set aside.
Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Halibut under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Heat a heavy nonskick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of halibut with remaining oil. Place fillets in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
Turn fillets over and season with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes for frozen halibut or 3 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout. Remove from heat and break into large chunks.
To serve, divide halibut among tortillas. Sprinkle on goat cheese and top with cucumber salsa.
Nutrients per serving: 498 calories, 23g total fat, 8g saturated fat, 41% calories from fat, 145mg cholesterol, 46g protein, 27g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 507mg sodium, 303mg calcium, and 1140mg omega-3 fatty acids.