Lunds and Byerly's
About Us Our Stores Shop For Groceries Order Party Food & Gifts Recipes & Expertise Classes & Events

Best Ice Cream Ever

Posted by by Bea James, senior manager of organic, natural and sustainable programs
Friday, June 24, 2011

I eat organic food all the time, as does my family. One of the problems we run into at my home is good super delicious sweet treats that are organic. It’s not that organic sweets are bad, it’s just that sometimes they are not as amazing as some of the other chocolaty, creamy, decadent desserts that are not organic. (Like Nabisco’s Pinwheel cookies. I will admit for the first time here in public that I am a secret fan of these and they are most definitely not organic.) Well, I’ve solved this problem when it comes to ice-cream by stumbling onto Alden’s Organic Ice Cream. Alden’s Organic Ice Cream is amazing; one because it is rich and creamy and has authentic flavors, and two because it’s organic.

I’m all about finding great food that is organic. Why? Well, organic foods are committed to reducing the environments intake of pesticides, hormones, genetically modified and artificial ingredients all of which reduce the environmental impact on our earth. So using purer ingredients allows for wholesome, yummy, indulgent treats for you to eat. Alden's is certified "Organic" meaning, greater than 95% percent organic ingredients go into their products, and the other less than 5% are approved by the USDA National Organic Program and on a list called “the National List”. The USDA "National List" is simply a set of ingredients which cannot be sourced organically, yet, but are needed in processing.

Ok, so back to the ice cream. Here’s what is great about it. It’s creamy and dense, not whipped full of air like some ice cremes, so you are really getting your money’s worth. The flavors POP. Their strawberry ice cream is like eating a fresh strawberry off the vine on a hot summer day. At Lunds and Byerly’s you’ll find five delicious organic flavors to explore. And lastly it is owned by a small family in Eugene Oregon, my home town so I guess I have a bias since I think everything made in Oregon is pretty darn hippy good.

This is one product that you can stock up on, even if it won’t last long in your freezer once you try it.

Tags: ice creamorganic

Welcome to Our Blog

It was created with a simple goal in mind: to provide you with a heaping scoop of mealtime inspiration and food education from our passionate and knowledgeable staff. Our contributors come from every corner of our company and are truly experts in their field.

All of us are here for you, so keep the conversations going by using the “Comments” feature at the end of each post to provide additional expertise, ask questions or share your thoughts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Archive